Sunday, August 9, 2009

August 9, 2009

It's been awhile since I've written, been busy and without a computer! But, so much has happened, so many miracles and blessings!! I switched oncologists at the last minute before starting chemo and am SOOOOOO glad that I did. He talked to me like a human, listened and took into consideration what is important to me. He suggested we try to get insurance to pay for a genetic DNA test that isn't usually paid for by insurance companies. Luckily he got me approved!! The test will put me into 1 of 3 catagories.... a low, medium or high risk catagory for return of cancer. It's a two week turn around time for the test to come back, but right now I'm believing in miracles and am hoping for the low risk catagory! If so, no chemo!! Just like Christmas, only better!!

I've still yet to understand the burden of cancer. For me it's been so much growth and learning and I know today that I will not go back to the way I was or wasn't living my life before all this happened! I live each day the best that I can! I enjoy each moment as much as possible!! I look forward to tomorrow and the goodness that it will bring! I love people more! I feel inspired everyday by those in my life and I hope I inspire those around me too!

Getting used to waiting.... sometime in the next two weeks, I will know if I really have to go through chemo and my hope is that I won't!! I've gotten what I have needed to get and learn from this experience and now I'm ready to move onto the next road. XOXOXO!

No comments:

Post a Comment